Monday, August 1, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Determined

I used to think it was kinda funny that she signed every journal entry.  Now I love it. Seeing her name at the end of everything she wrote is like witnessing her personal seal of approval.  The way her name appears at the top of this page is just the way she signed it. Even the slant is the same.

When Risa added a quote to her collection, she added it to her heart. She strove to become a living example of the message . . .

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.  The dye has been cast.
  I have stepped over the line.  The decision has been made.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense and my future is secure.
I'm finished and done with the low living, small planning, smooth knees,
colorless dreams, tinted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.
I now live by faith, lean on His presences, walk with patience. I am lifted up
in prayer, and labor with power.  My face is set; my goal is Heaven.
My road is narrow; my way is rough, my companions few.
My guide is reliable.  My mission is clear.  I cannot be bought, compromised, 
detoured, lured away, divided or delayed.  I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,
hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, 
ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up 
for the case of Christ. I must go till  He comes, give till I drop, 
preach till all know,and work till He stops me.
And when He sees me, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My banner will be clear.


                                                                    ... and she was very determined.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love that quote! That's the perfect thing to read every morning before you go out in the world.

    Yes. She was VERY determined. There was no doubt about that! And choosing to do the right thing was never a question for her, or something she had to think about and decide. In her mind, it was the right way or no way.

    ReplyDelete